This salad provides a rainbow of micronutrient rich foods.
Beets are red and provide phytonutrients that act as anti oxidants and others that can help improve oxygen utilization in the body making them a good choice for active Rebooters.
Carrots are orange and rich in alpha and beta carotene, shown to help reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Kale, arugula and mixed greens provide important nutrients locked away in the green pigment nutrients.
Red cabbage contains red-purple anti oxidant rich anthocyanins and polyphenols.
- 1 medium beet, roasted and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded (green or red)=
- 1/2 medium apple, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup arugula (Australian rocket)
- 1/2 cup kale (Australian tuscan cabbage), chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- (after your Reboot or for a complete meal your family can enjoy add 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup wheat berries or quinoa and 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds. If you choose to include dairy add 1 oz organic goat or feta cheese)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash all vegetables well, especially beets including the ends of the root.
- Place washed beets into aluminum foil, drizzle olive oil over beets (Australian beetroot), wrap foil around beets (Australian beetroot) tightly.
- Place foil wrapped beets (Australian beetroot) on top rack in oven. Cook for 50-60 minutes, until beets (Australian beetroot) are tender – pierce with fork to test.
- Remove from oven and let cool. (In the meantime, prepare the rest of your salad by mixing all ingredients well together).
- Cut skin off of beets (Australian beetroot). Slice and add to salad.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat6 g
- Saturated Fat1 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium1020 mg
- Carbohydrates42 g
- Fiber13 g
- Sugars21 g
- Protein 11 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.