By Victoria Mills
If what’s in your dreams wasn’t already inside you, how could you even dream it?
We are now at Week 4 in the Lift Your Life Coaching Program! By now you will have created a clear plan with razor sharp goals, be affirming your favorite positive statements each day, taking consistent actions towards your goals and able to see success with your goals! You will also be more aware of where and how you sabotage your goals!
Now its time to reboot any old limiting belief systems to unleash your potential!
If you don’t believe that change is possible, change will never be possible. No matter what dark points you’ve had in your life, never underestimate the power of belief in yourself as to what you’re capable of overcoming. Sometimes there will be times when you look at those goals on a piece of paper and have serious doubts as to how you’re ever going to achieve them. The moment you start wallowing in self-pity and self-doubt is actually a form of sabotage as opposed to believing. When you have belief, what you can create is endless.
To believe is to trust you. To trust yourself is to believe in yourself and your dreams.
Beliefs and Believing
There is more to believing than just creating beliefs. Having positive beliefs is the first step toward creating a positive and successful life. Believing is something completely different. You may have positive beliefs about losing weight; you may have a belief that there are plenty of ways to lose weight. But if you don’t believe that you will lose weight, you won’t lose the amount that you are hoping for. Still confused? Let’s try to clear it up.
A belief is the way you feel about something — it’s deeply rooted and if I asked you a question about it you’d have an answer. Believing something is trusting that what you want can and will happen. Many people I speak to are missing this element in their daily lives. They’ll do all of the other work that is necessary to achieve their goals, but they can’t get this element of believing into their system.
In many ways we’ve been raised to not believe. If you can’t see it, it’s not real — that’s what we’re taught. But believing is vital to our survival and success. If you could only believe that everything would work out and trust that what you want can and will happen, you’d have remarkable results. Your life would change in ways you never thought possible.
Let me ask you a few simple questions:
1. Do you believe, without a doubt, that you can and will have everything that you want in life?
2. Do you believe, without a doubt, that you will be guided to the right situation at the right time, no matter what you will get to where you want to be in life?
3. Do you believe, without a doubt, that there is always a way to achieve your goals — you just have to find it? If you answered ‘no’ or ‘maybe’ to any of the above questions then you don’t believe — and therefore you won’t get to where you want to be. You have to believe that things will work out — no doubts. Just trust in yourself, your inner powers and the powers that be.
Your 1st task: learning to believe So how do we get to that level? First of all, you have to take small steps. Set small goals — even for things that you know will happen — and then trust and let go. See what happens.
You could do this while you’re driving. Trust that you’ll get to work on time and have an easy commute. See what happens after a week of doing this. If you misplace your keys, tell yourself that you know where they are and then trust that you’ll find them at the right time. Let go — do something else for a while and see what happens. If you’re not sure about a decision you have to make, think of all the possibilities, then tell yourself that you’re making the right decision and let go — forget about making the decision. After a while you’ll naturally think about it again — and you’ll make your decision easily.
The key is to trust and let go. Sometimes you have to distract yourself so you don’t worry. Worry is the opposite of trusting and believing — it’s tantamount to saying that you don’t believe, and that’s why you have to worry, because by worrying you can make it better… except you can’t. So get busy and see what happens.
This process is so simple yet so powerful, but it takes time to develop the habit. This practice of believing is vital to your success — without it, everything else you do will be pointless.
Your 2nd task – realizing your belief:
Set aside about fifteen minutes every day for a week. Sit down with a notebook and a pen, or at your computer, and as rapidly as you can, without stopping to think about what you are writing; write down five to ten endings for each of the following incomplete sentences. Remember to write as quickly as possible, without stopping to think about what you are writing and without evaluating the answers in any way.
1. If someone had told me my needs and wants were important ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. If I were willing to ask for what I want ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. When I ignore my deepest desires ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. If I were 5 per cent more assertive in stating my desires ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5. If I deny and disown my needs and wants ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
6. If I am willing to listen to my deepest yearnings and desires ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
7. If I were more accepting of my needs and wants
8. If I were willing to act on my preferences ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9. If I believed I could really have what I want
10. One of the things I need to ask for is ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your 3rd task – taking action on your new belief:
At the end of the week, re-read all that you have written during the week and then decide on 1 action per sentence that you will implement NOW!
I believe in my unlimited power! I am a genius and apply my wisdom to reach my goals!