Key lime pie is usually a decadent dessert loaded with sweetened condensed milk and sugar, plus a buttery, wheat-filled crust. This smart sweet skips the unwanted stuff and instead is filled with heart healthy fats and naturally sweetened with banana and a touch of maple syrup. The secret ingredient? Avocados. They make this dessert super creamy just like a mousse. It’s a refreshing makeover of a classic dessert that is vegan, gluten-free and delicious.
- 2 avocados
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Place avocados in the fridge for about an hour before you plan to make the mousse.
- When avocados feel cool to the touch, peel and pit them and add to a blender jar along with banana, lime juice, maple syrup and coconut oil and blend for one minute.
- Once blended, serve in small bowls or glasses.
- Before serving, decorate with lime zest.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Total time: 6 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.