By Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
I love raw desserts. They contain so much goodness, nutrition and flavor, and to top it off, they are easy to make. This is a delicious treat to include at a party, for friends and/or family. While you’ll be getting in nutrients when you eat this dessert, I do recommend small servings!
1. Soak the cashews for 4 hours or more then rinse well.
2. Shred the carrots through a grater or by hand.
3. Combine the walnuts, dates, apricots, coconut oil, shredded coconut, sea salt, vanilla and honey in a food processor and combine well, but keep a chunky texture in tact. Add in the carrots and mix well in the processor or by hand. (It can help to add the nuts and dried fruit then process, then when you have a blended consistency you then add the remaining carrot cake ingredients).
4. Add this mixture to a lined slice tin, pressing it down firmly in the tin then place it in the freezer to chill.
5. Drain and rinse the cashews then combine these with the water, coconut oil, vanilla, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
6. Pull out the carrot mixture from the freezer and top with the cream cheese. Then place it back in the freezer to chill for 2-4 hours
7. Before serving, thaw it out for 15 mins and decorate with walnuts. You can chill it in the fridge but it will be a softer texture.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
Serving Size: 1 square
Trans Fat: 5g