This rich smoothie is naturally sweetened from beet and banana. Studies have found that beets help oxygenate blood and enhance exercise performance, so try this smoothie before or after a workout. Beets are a good source of folic acid, and also contain vitamins A, C, choline, iodine, manganese, potassium and fiber. Raspberries are high in antioxidants, and also contain potassium, niacin, iron and vitamin C.
- 1 raw beet (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk (or whatever milk you like)
- a pinch of sea salt
- A few ice cubes (optional)
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.
Banana – avocado, mango
Raspberry – blueberry, strawberry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.