I love fresh and easy smoothies because you can pack many nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables into them for a great refreshing snack or meal. This smoothie packs in heart-healthy avocado and arugula with savory summer berries. The summer berries are packed with antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C. This smoothie can be used for a post-workout recovery smoothie by adding 1 scoop of all natural hemp or pea protein. The added protein helps with muscle recovery and repair after a hard workout.
- 3/4 cup (125 g) raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (75 g) strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 handful arugula (rocket)
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 scoop unflavored pea or hemp protein, optional
- Wash all produce.
- Combine ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 60 – 90 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat22 g
- Saturated Fat2.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium200 mg
- Carbohydrates31 g
- Fiber18 g
- Sugars10 g
- Protein 13 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.