I adore this salad whether I’m on a Reboot or not! The portobello mushrooms and the olives give this salad a heartiness and a savory taste while the fennel, orange segments and scallions add dimensions of flavor and an extra kick!
- 3-4 handfuls Mesclun Greens (or other salad greens)
- 1 Portobello Mushroom cap
- 2 tbsp pitted Kalamata Olives
- 3 Scallions
- 1 Navel Orange
- 1/2 Fennel Bulb
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Thinly slice Portobello and either roast at 375 for 8-10 minutes or grill for 4-5 minutes
- While mushroom is cooking, chop olives and slice scallions into long strips.
- Cut fennel into very thin slices using Mandoline (or Chef’s Knife)
- Peel orange and segment.
- Mix together salad greens with olives, scallions, fennel, orange and mushroom
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice.
- Portobello Mushroom – Any other mushroom
- Scallions – red onion, shallot
- Orange – grapefruit
- Fennel – celery
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat6 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium270 mg
- Carbohydrates38 g
- Fiber12 g
- Sugars18 g
- Protein 10 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.