This is a light green and nutritious smoothie that is super easy to make for a breakfast on the run, a mid-morning snack or an afternoon pick up instead of that coffee or chocolate. And you have to love the pomegranates in this smoothie that are high in antioxidants and nutrients — the extract in studies shows promise in helping reduce joint pain and decrease inflammation in arthritis sufferers, according to research published in the Israeli Medical Association Journal. This is another great nutrient rich recipe that may help reduce the pain of arthritis.
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1 celery stick
- 1 large handful of curly lettuce leaves
- large handful of ice
- Prepare pomegranate – follow this easy 3-step, no-mess process from the Pomegranate Council, to show you how to de-seed a pomegranate easily.
- Wash all produce well.
- Remove rind from pineapple.
- Add all ingredients into the blender.
- Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Pomegranate – goji berries, raspberries, red currants
- Pineapple – apple, pear, kiwi
- Lettuce – cos lettuce, spinach, broccoli florets
- Celery – cucumber, zucchini, celeriac root
- Coconut water – coconut milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.