When you think of peanut butter and chocolate together, it sounds like a heavenly dessert. And it is! But this time, enjoy the combo as a savory snack that has very little sugar, with added fiber and protein. Feel free to get creative with these chocolate balls and add any superfoods to make them even more nutritious. Think goji berries, hemp seeds, or maybe even a dash of spirulina! If you prefer you can also add dates which work well to give it a nice consistency and more sweetness. Make this snack and you have yourself a new way to enjoy your handful of nuts as an afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup (75 g) cashews
- 1/2 cup (75 g) brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Reboot protein powder (or other plant-based protein powder)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- Process cashews, brazil nuts, chia seeds, protein powder, cacao and salt in a food processor, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Then add the remaining wet ingredients (peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and process until it starts to form into a ball.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball (optional – roll in cacao, chia seeds, crushed nuts or leave plain).
- Store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. (I think they are served best left out of the fridge for 15 mins.)
- Cashews & Brazil nuts – macadamia, almonds, pinenuts, pecans
- Chia seeds – flaxseeds
- Cacao powder – carob
- Peanut butter – almond butter, cashew butter, macadamia butter
- Maple syrup – rice malt, honey, stevia leaf
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (in the fridge)
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4.5g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.