I absolutely love Brussels Sprouts! I eat them all the time because they’re loaded with fiber and anti-cancer nutrients. Plus, they’re so tasty. This dish is so much faster to make recipes that call for roasting or baking, and seasonal maple syrup gives it a tasty twist! Add these simple pan-roasted Brussels to any meal or add to a salad or have alongside your favorite entrée.
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, peeled and halved
- ½ apple, cubed
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (preferably dark amber)
- Dash salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare the Brussels sprouts and apple.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and add the avocado oil. Allow the oil to heat and become thinner (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the Brussels sprouts and apple to the heated pan and continue to cook over medium heat.
- Stir the Brussels/apple mix every 3 or so minutes to prevent the Brussels from burning.
- Continue to cook the Brussels sprouts over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until they are lightly browned and the apples are soft. Then drizzle with maple syrup and dash with salt and pepper.
- Continue to stir over head for 1-2 minutes then remove from the pan. Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.