It’s amazing what just two oranges, creamy coconut milk and an array of health-promoting seeds and spices can do for you once all combined in a blender. The flavor is out of this world and the nutrients are thru the roof: 1 orange contains 86 mg of vitamin C, 48 mcg of folate, 232 mg of potassium, 60 mg of calcium and 3 g of fiber. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of the spices in this smoothie which have so many health promoting benefits. Cinnamon is well known for its blood sugar supporting benefits, while ginger aids digestion and reduces arthritic pain and inflammation. Cloves are supportive of reducing digestive ailments such as bloating, indigestion and nausea. This smoothie is the perfect balance of sweet and spice and everything nice.
- 2 oranges
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 large handful of ice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- pinch of cardamom (optional)
- pinch of ground clove powder (optional)
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Peel oranges then chop into 4 quarters and remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Oranges – apple, mandarin, tangelo
- Honey – stevia, maple syrup
- Chia seeds – flaxseeds, hempseeds
- Coconut milk – almond milk, coconut water, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4.5g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.