With Father’s Day on Sunday, why don’t you serve him something that will keep him healthy, strong and happy on his big day? The plant based protein in this smoothie is easily absorbed by the body while the berries provide high quality antioxidants. The coconut oil is great for cardiovascular health and adds a quality fat to an early morning smoothie. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber and omega 3 fats while the maca powder helps balance hormones and is great for prostate health.
- Large handful of mixed frozen or fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup (250 ml) hemp milk or almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder (Sunwarrior is a great brand!)*
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- *Note: If you don’t have protein powder, you can use two heaping Tbsp. of hemp seeds and add a dash of vanilla.
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend for 45 – 60 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat21 g
- Saturated Fat13 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium580 mg
- Carbohydrates41 g
- Fiber13 g
- Sugars17 g
- Protein 27 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.