Rockmelon (Cantaloupe) is at the end of the season here in Australia but due to the extended warm weather there is an abundance of them. I love this fruit as it is light, refreshing and delicious and great in juices and smoothies! Cantaloupe season is coming soon to the Northern hemisphere and the smoothie can be bookmarked if you are a cantaloupe lover.
Rockmelon (cantaloupe) is high in folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and fiber while the banana is high in potassium, magnesium, fiber and many other goodies!
- 1 cup (160 g) rockmelon (cantaloupe)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup (115 ml) of coconut water
- ½ cup of ice
- Chop and peel the rockmelon (cantaloupe).
- Combine ingredients in a blender.
- Blend and enjoy.
- Rockmelon (cantaloupe) – green melon (honey dew), watermelon, peach, papaya
- Banana – avocado, raspberries, blueberries
- Coconut water – water, any nut or seed milks
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat1 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium150 mg
- Carbohydrates44 g
- Fiber6 g
- Sugars29 g
- Protein 3 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.