I hate throwing food away. Enter my luscious sweet potato and almond smoothie. This delicious and filling drink utilizes last night’s mashed sweet potatoes and the pulp leftover from juicing leafy greens. The healthy fats from the almond butter and coconut oil (if you decide to use it) are essential to helping your body absorb the vitamins A, K, E and D that are present in the vegetables.The ground flax meal provides fiber and Omega-3s and the cinnamon and cardamom give it an exotic flavoring.
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1/2 of a medium banana
- 1/2 cup (100 g) mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup (50 g) green pulp (leftover from juicing leafy greens such as kale)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth. Enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 9g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.