Looking for a refreshing juice that’s low in carbohydrates but rich in nutrients? If you have Type 2 diabetes, high blood sugar, pre-diabetes, or are simply looking to cut down even on natural sweets this juice is for you. The minty, tart flavor is light and satisfying. Mint provides some omega-3 fats important for helping to reduce inflammation and promote brain health. Cucumber is great for skin, naturally low in calories, high in vitamin K which is important for blood clotting and bones and high in folate and vitamin C.
- 1/2 green apple
- 3 kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
- 8 stems and leaves of mint
- 3 limes, peeled
- 1 ½ cucumbers
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel limes (or leave on for zest).
- Juice all ingredients and enjoy!
- Green apple – pear
- Kale – swiss chard, green cabbage
- Mint – basil
- Limes – ginger, lemon
- Cucumber – celery, zucchini
- Spinach – romaine, lettuce
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.