- 2 full bags of juicer pulp (from making 2, 20 oz juices)
- 10-12 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- fresh or dried herbs: chives, thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, old bay-use any herbs you like (try including ginger, parsley, etc)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Place olive oil in pot.
- Heat on medium.
- Add pulp.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, herbs/spices/seasonings and turn up to high until boil.
- Once boiling turn heat down to simmer at medium.
- Cook covered, up to 2 1/2 hours; (for quick version: cook covered 20-30 minutes).
- Turn off heat.
- Using ladle strain pulpy broth in batches (removing pulp) into glass bowl or another pot.
- Let cool then sip and enjoy!
- Transfer remaining broth to a glass jar for storage. Save strained pulp for compost.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.