Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies, especially now that beach season is in full effect here in New York. Why? Because asparagus helps to promote a flat belly. It contains both digestive and diuretic properties. Diuretic properties help to promote shedding of extra body water, and the digestive properties promote healthy gut bacteria that’s great for our health overall. Aside from its de-bloating benefits, asparagus is a source of brain-healthy folate, as well as immune-boosting nutrients vitamins A and C, and chromium, a nutrient that helps to promote healthy and balanced blood sugar. Happy asparagus eating!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- dash of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the bottoms of the stalks off and spread onto the sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and dash with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and turn them. Squeeze half of a lemon over the asparagus, slice the other half.
- Add sliced lemon to top of asparagus then place back in the oven for 5 – 10 more minutes until desired texture is achieved (the longer you cook, the softer they will become).
- Serve with your favorite dish and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.