This week’s recipe is great for those Rebooters out there who are eating vegetables in addition to drinking their juices. Pass it along!
- 4 large leaves of crisp romaine lettuce (Australian Cos lettuce)
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, washed well
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly and cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- dash cracked red pepper or chili powder (optional)
- Grill portobello caps brushing with olive oil first OR cook on stove top.
- Place olive oil in a pan on low to medium heat.
- Place mushroom caps in the pan for approximately 10 minutes until soft, turning over half way.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, spices.
- Use lettuce in place of a burger bun.
- Add sliced avocado, onion and tomato to the lettuce.
- Place mushroom on top of avocado.
- Serve and enjoy your inside out veggie burger!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.