When I was young I used to love flavoured milk, particularly strawberry and chocolate! This is a super healthy take on this old classic. Fresh coconut water is excellent for your health and high in electrolytes. Here is more on the benefits of coconut water. Fresh coconut meat provides healthy fat and a thicker creamier consistency. ENJOY!
- 1 fresh coconut (can be found in the fresh produce section)
- 1 cup (140 g) fresh or frozen strawberries and raspberries
- ½ cup ice (if you prefer it ice cold)
- 2 tsp of pure honey (or 2 drops of stevia or 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt (optional)
- Crack the fresh coconut open (I used a big knife and hammer) and pour juice out.
- Scrape the young coconut meat out of the coconut.
- Add coconut water, coconut meat, strawberries, raspberries, ice, your sweetener of choice, and coconut yogurt if you are using it into a blender.
- Blend for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Fresh coconut water – bottled or tetra pack coconut water
- Coconut meat – coconut oil, coconut cream
- Honey – maple syrup or stevia
- Strawberries or Raspberries – blackberries, blueberries, mulberries
- Coconut yogurt – coconut cream, natural organic yogurt
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat28 g
- Saturated Fat24 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium230 mg
- Carbohydrates44 g
- Fiber13 g
- Sugars30 g
- Protein 5 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.