I am loving citrus fruits right now and just can’t get enough! I decided to combine them with one of the most nutritious vegetables out there…kale (Tuscan cabbage)! It is suggested to eat anything from the cruciferous family daily such as kale (Tuscan cabbage) to reap the amazing health properties this special family of vegetables offers such as prevention of bladder, breast, prostate, colon and ovarian cancer. Kale (Tuscan cabbage) offers an amazing amount of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, K, C, manganese, potassium, B vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium and this amazing leaf also contains omega 3 fatty acids and protein. Juicing is such an EASY way to enjoy this leafy vegetable!
- 2 beets (beetroots)
- 6-8 kale leaves (Tuscan cabbage)
- 1 ruby grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- Peel grapefruit, oranges and beets.
- Wash kale and chop all ingredients to fit through juicer.
- Juice and enjoy!
- Beets – red cabbage
- Kale – broccoli, zucchini, lettuce, spinach, chard (silverbeet)
- Ruby grapefruit – yellow grapefruit, mandarin, lemon, lime
- Orange – red grapefruit, mandarin, apple, pear
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.