This weekend is Australia Day! I was inspired to come up with two beautiful green and gold juices for this very special weekend. Color is an indication of the nutritional content and is also very appealing to our appetite and senses, this ensures we digest a wide-variety of plant rich micro-nutrients.
Green fruits and vegetables indicate chlorophyll, folate, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and other minerals while yellow and orange colored fruits and vegetables indicates beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, flavonoids, lycopene, potassium, and vitamin C.
- ½ pineapple
- 1 yellow pepper (capsicum)
- 1 lemon
- 1″ piece ginger
- 4 kale leaves
- 1/4 -1/2 green melon
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bunch parsely
- Peel pineapple, melon and lemon.
- Juice all produce.
- Drink combined or separately.
- Pineapple – gold apple, pear, yellow grapefruit
- Yellow pepper – pear, golden apple, green pepper, white cucumber
- Lemon – grapefruit, lime
- Kale – silverbeet, spinach, beet greens, watercress
- Green melon – green apple, pear,lime
- Cucumber – celery, zucchini, lettuce
- Parsely – watercress, witlof