Most days I put many of the ingredients in this smoothie through the juicer (except the avocado, that’s a major no-no because you will not receive any juice from it!), but today I felt like making this fresh and light smoothie for a snack, and I’m so happy that I did! This smoothie is a great source of hydrating fruits and vegetables like celery, cucumber, apple and kiwi and would make for a great summer or warm weather snack to help you beat the heat and stay hydrated.
This smoothie is also a good source of many nutrients, including:
- Vitamin C: Kiwi, leafy greens
- Folate: Greens
- Potassium: All of the vegetables and fruits
- Quercitin: Apple skin
- Gingerol: Ginger
- Monounsaturated fats: Avocado
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 3 stalks celery
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ avocado
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- Wash all produce well.
- Core apple, peel kiwi, chop celery and cucumber, and peel ginger.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well blended.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.