Using vegetables instead of highly processed high-carb flour-based wraps and breads is a light, nutrient-dense alternative, that is also light on your weight, health and stomach. They can also be a great substitute for burger buns, burritos, tacos or anything else you can think of. You can use Swiss chard, rainbow chard, collard leaves, romaine or iceberg lettuce to enjoy as a wrap. You can use any salad ingredients, dips, protein of choice and get creative. These wraps can be eaten as a light meal or as a snack to enjoy!
- 4 large Swiss chard leaves
- 2 avocados
- ½ green pepper (capsicum)
- 1 carrot, grated or spiralized
- 1 cucumber, grated or spiralized
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 tbsp of hummus
- Wash and pat dry the chard leaves.
- Remove the stem partway up the leaf to allow it to roll nicely.
- Lay the chard leaf down, with the inside of the leaf showing up, fill with hummus, slices of avocado, pepper, carrot, cucumber and tomato.
- Fold the sides in and roll into a roll (much like a spring roll or burrito) and repeat.
- Enjoy! These can be stored in the fridge for a few hours.
Chard – collard, lettuce leaves, cabbage
Hummus – pesto, or any other dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.