This sweet-tasting dairy-free milk is easy to make at home in a blender and best of all, there’s no need to soak or strain these healthy seeds, as you do with almonds or cashews. Hemp seeds, also called hemp hearts, are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and they are a great source of plant-based protein. Plus, when you make your own milk, you don’t have to worry about unwanted ingredients that can sometimes sneak into store-bought containers of dairy alternatives.
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds (80g)
- 2.5 cups water (590ml) (use more for thinner consistency)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (15 ml)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add hemp seeds, water, salt, and any optional add-ins to a high-speed blender. Cover and blend for about one minute to combine.
- Pour the liquid directly into a serving container, no need to strain it.
- Leftover hemp milk can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake well before using.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.