These tasty pea fritters are easy to make, and my kids gobbled these up for breakfast. You can enjoy them at any time of the day, though. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (300 grams) peas , defrosted
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 3 eggs (can use flax eggs; see substitutions)
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Oil for frying – macadamia, coconut or olive oil
- In a food processor or in a bowl blend and mash ½ of the peas with the remaining ingredients (except oil for frying) and combine well, then add in the rest of the peas partially mashed so you still get a chunky pea consistency and combine well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat then add the oil for frying
- Form the mixture into balls (about 2 Tbsp) each and flatten slightly and add them to the heated frypan and cook until slightly golden on each side and heated through. Be careful when turning them over.
- Serve with wedges of lemon, avocado and a side salad or eat with your hands!
Peas – grated zucchini (squeeze out water)
Coconut flour – flour of any kind but you will need twice as much
Eggs – Flax eggs (3 tbsp of flaxseed meal soaked with 7 tbsp of water and let stand for 10 mins)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.