Fill your body full of nutrition with this healthy juice. It’s a perfect combination for your palate, because the melon adds a little sweetness next to the stronger more bitter spinach and cucumber skin.
I decided to calculate the amounts of some of the key nutrients to determine just how healthy this juice really is. It has surprising nutrient content with quite high levels and for some nutrients, it almost covers your entire days’ recommended intake. No wonder we all feel so fabulous when we juice!
Here’s a look at the numbers:
This juice is high in magnesium (242mg), calcium (325mg), Iron (7.9mg), Vitamin E (5mg), Vitamin A (22,500IU), Vitamin C (160mg), Vitamin K (1200mcg), Folate (511mcg) and Potassium (2,167mg) along with other nutrients such as Protein (9.8g). ENJOY!
- 1 handful of spinach with stems (about 350 g)
- ¼ of a honeydew, rind removed
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon, peeled
- Peel the lemon or scrub thoroughly.
- Wash & chop the ingredients to fit through your juicer.
- Juice all produce and enjoy!
- Spinach – kale (Tuscan cabbage), dandelion leaves, lettuce, watercress, choy sum
- Honeydew – rockmelon (cantaloupe), pineapple, apple
- Cucumber – celery, zucchini, celeriac root
- Lemon – lime, grapefruit, orange
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.