Hearty Carrot-Fennel-Celery Soup
- 1-4 fennel bulb(s) depending on size
- 2 lbs. carrots
- 1 celeriac
- 4 scallions (Australian shallots)
- 2 leeks
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Ginger – 2 inch chunk, finely chopped
- Fresh herb bouquet — tied together with twine (I use: dill, savory and sage)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- Finely chop onion, leek, scallion (Australian shallots), and garlic.
- Peel celeriac and carrots, cut these and fennel into 1 inch chunks.
- Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium heat; Add Onion, Leek, Scallion and
- Garlic — Cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add celeriac, carrots, fennel & ginger — cook until all ingredients are mixed and softened.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth and fresh herb bouquet.
- Mix well and cook covered for 40 minutes to 1 hr over medium heat.
- Blend well – (can use immersion blender or traditional blender).
- Garnish with freshly sliced radishes.