Healthy Breakfast: Banana Walnut Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 fresh bananas
- 3 flax eggs (3 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds added to 9 Tbsp. of water and stirred)* OR use 3 regular eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 5 drops of stevia (optional)
- Preheat the over to 350F/ 176 C.
- Combine flax eggs (or regular eggs), banana, coconut oil and dates in high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and stevia and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour mixture into muffin pan (either grease the pan or place in muffin wrappers). This mix makes 6 large muffins or 12 small ones.
- Bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Slice in half and serve with your favorite nut butter, mashed up berries or just alone! *NOTE: The flax eggs make the muffins more cake-like and the inside will be very moist. This recipe was adapted here.
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 35
Total Time: 40