Brain-healthy foods are good for your mind and also your body. This smoothie is made up of some of my favorite brain-healthy (but tasty) ingredients, such as cacao nibs, a source of flavanols that help keep blood vessels healthy and may also help to slow age-related memory decline. This smoothie also boasts brain and mood-healthy b vitamins like folate from the green leafy kale and finally anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer nutrients from the turmeric. To make this smoothie a meal, add plant-based (or clean, whey) protein for added balance and nutrients.Photo: Danielle Thurlow
- 5 strawberries, tops removed
- 2 handfuls kale
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (raw preferable)
- Dash of each: turmeric and cinnamon
- 8 oz hemp milk
- (optional) 1 scoop plant based protein
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well blended.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5-10 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.