This is a great appetizer or snack to have as a healthy alternative to regular sushi. Nori is made from seaweed and contains many minerals such as iodine and small amounts of magnesium, calcium and iron! ENJOY
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- ½ red or yellow pepper (capsicum)
- 1 shallot (eschalot)
- Wasabi (optional)
- 4 nori sheets
- Slice the avocado, carrot, cucumber, zucchini, pepper and shallots (eschalot) into long strips.
- Place the nori sheet on a clean surface, place a portion of each vegetable along one side of the nori sheet about 1 inch from the edge.
- Spread a small amount of wasabi alongside the vegetables.
- Roll the nori sheet around the vegetables into a roll and wet with edge with a little water to make it stick.
- Cut into serving sizes if desired.
- Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger and tamari/soy sauce! ENJOY
- Carrot – red pepper, beetroot, tomato
- Cucumber – snow peas, green beans, green pepper
- Zucchini – kale, spinach, arugula (rocket)
- Pepper(Capsicum) – tomato, sweet potato
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.