This is a great appetizer to serve with vegetables, crackers, whole grain pita bread or as a side dish to any meal.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ¼ cup (4 oz/125 ml) of cold-pressed olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- BBQ or flamegrill the eggplant whole, wait till the eggplant skin wrinkles and feels very soft. Alternatively bake the eggplant in the oven, about one hour at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine your remaining ingredients while the eggplant is cooking.
- When the eggplant is cooked, roughly chop and combine well with the other ingredients.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, salad, whole grain pita chips, crackers or as a side dish.
- Eggplant – zucchini, peppers (capsicum)
- Tomato – red pepper (capsicum)
- Red Onion – brown onion, spring onion, eschalots (shallots)
- Olive oil – Avocado, macadamia, pumpkin seed oil
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.