Green beans are easy to juice and have a mild sweet flavour (surprising I know!) They are high in vitamin K, potassium, magnesium, calcium and manganese. They are also high in carotenoids such as lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene. Zeaxanthin selectively absorbs into the retinal macula lutea in the eyes where it may provide antioxidant and protective UV light filtering functions. Therefore green beans offer some protection in preventing macular disease, so enjoy!
- 2 large handfuls of green beans (about 200g)
- 1 bunch of spinach (about 200g)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 lemon
- Wash produce well.
- Peel or scrub the lemon.
- Chop the ingredients to fit through the juicer.
- Juice and enjoy!
- Green beans – zucchini, fennel, celery, celeriac
- Spinach – kale, lettuce, watercress
- Cucumber – zucchini, celery, celeriac
- Lemon – lime, grapefruit
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.