Can’t decide between tea or juice? Why not combine the two? Adding an iced tea to your juice is a great way to mix it up in the warmer months. Studies have shown that the vitamin C content (in the lemon and pineapple) helps increase the antioxidant benefits and cancer-fighting properties of the green tea. Results suggest that combining green tea with citrus juices or vitamin C increases the amount of catechins available for the body to absorb. Green tea is also great for weight loss and appetite control. So, it’s a flavorful win-win.
- ¼ pineapple
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of cooled green tea
- Peel the pineapple and scrub the lemon (peeling the lemon is optional).
- Juice pineapple and lemon through a juicer.
- Prepare the green tea and allow to cool.
- Combine the pineapple and lemon juice with the green tea.
- Add ice and enjoy!
Pineapple – pear, apple
Lemon – lime, yellow grapefruit
Green tea – peppermint tea, white tea, fennel tea
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.