This recipe is a great way to use leftover juice pulp, get the most out of your produce and help reduce your waste. Here are 9 great uses for your pulp and by adding this recipe to your repertoire you can enjoy crackers with the added health benefits of green juice and pulp. To make the crackers you need water but I saved some of my green juice to use instead of water to really get a beautiful green color. Enjoy!
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 cup (packed) green juice pulp*
- ½ cup green juice (optional – can also substituted with water)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
*I juiced kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, parsley and a little green apple – you can omit the green apple and collect the pulp from the produce you want)
Cover the chia seeds, flaxseeds and sesame seeds in the water and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Then add the green juice and green pulp and mix until well combined. You want the mixture to be thick and gooey and sticking together.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- On a lined large baking tray (you will need two) smooth out the mixture with a spatula to form a thin layer (about ¼ inch / ½ cm). Score the crackers into desired sizes.
- To cook them quickly you can set the oven to 300 F (150 C) and cook for 90 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave them in there for another hour OR Set your oven on its lowest temperature and bake for 12 hours turning over after 6 hours. (to turn it over use another layer of baking paper smoothed out over the top to enable you to turn it over easily, then after another hour slowly peeled the top layer of baking paper away) OR place in your dehydrator for 12 hours.
- Once they feel crispy and very dry you can remove them from the oven/dehydrator and allow to cool.
- Break into cracker pieces and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Storage Suggestion: They can be stored for weeks in an air-tight container free of moisture.
Chia seeds – flaxseeds
Flaxseeds – chia seeds
Sesame seeds – pepitas, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds
Green juice pulp – any juice pulp or omit with less fluid to the mixture
Garlic – onion powder
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: Oven time: 2.5 hours; Dehydrator Time: 12 hours
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.