I had always been in the habit of having a smoothie or juice daily, but have been a little more lax with it lately (yes, this kind of thing happens even to a nutritionist!). So I’ve been making a real effort to get a smoothie into my breakfast and making extra so that I can have it later in the day, and it’s really made me feel better and more energized. This smoothie was sort of a fridge cleanout because I was out of usual items I use, but it came out great! It’s a combination of vegetables with just a touch of sweet, and I always add a small amount of coconut oil because it’s good for the thyroid.
- ½ banana
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- (optional) 1 scoop plant based protein like the Reboot with Joe Protein Powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) water or unsweetened almond milk
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.