This smoothie is very high in electrolytes and minerals, the coconut water, banana and cucumber are all high in magnesium and potassium. This is a great post work-out smoothie while Rebooting. These specific nutrients may also help normalise blood pressure.
Red Grapes contain a very special polyphenol called resveratrol. Resveratrol, which is an anti-oxidant, may help prevent many forms of cancer. Resveratrol has also been shown to scavenge free radicals in the body thus reducing oxidative cellular damage such as aging.
This smoothie has 4 serves of fruit and vegetables, you can easily add more if you wish. Use any of the below substitutions if desired.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Coconut water
- ¾ cup (80 g) Red Grapes
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of spinach or any other leafy greens
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ cup of ice (optional)
- Wash all produce well.
- Chop cucumber and banana.
- Place in a blender or Vitamix.
- Pour over ice and Enjoy!
- Red Grapes – Green grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Banana – Avocado, kiwi fruit, mango, paw paw, lychee, papaya
- Spinach – Kale, Lettuce, silverbeet(chard)
- Cucumber – zucchini(courgette), celery, apple, kiwi, broccoli, cabbage
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat1.5 g
- Saturated Fat0.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium220 mg
- Carbohydrates66 g
- Fiber8 g
- Sugars42 g
- Protein 6 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.