This vegan, paleo breakfast option will keep you full all morning long as it provides healthy fats, protein, fiber and many nutrients to sustain your energy levels. The almonds are a great source of protein, vitamin E, zinc, calcium, magnesium and B vitamins. One serving of this breakfast offers a whooping 9 grams of fiber, which is approximately 35 percent of your daily needs for optimum gut health. You can enjoy this breakfast bowl warm or cool.
- ½ cup of almonds
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 date, pit removed (optional)
- 1/3-1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- Pinch of salt
- Process the nuts in a food processor until well chopped.
- Add the date and apple, and process until chopped and combined to form a crumbly mixture.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- For a warmed porridge, use a small saucepan to warm over a medium heat stirring for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with fresh chopped fruit, a sprinkle of nutmeg or a scoop of yogurt.
Almonds – other nut of your choice
Apple – pear
Date – honey, maple syrup, stevia
Almond milk – coconut, cashew, rice, oat or any other type of milk
Coconut oil – macadamia oil
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.