I just made this sweet, decadent and warming dessert and it was so delicious. I loved how amazing and seasonal it made our house smell. The best part about this recipe is it’s completely gluten and dairy free and vegan. Make this for your New Year’s Eve Party tomorrow night!
- 1 cup (250 g) raw almonds
- 1/2 (125 g) cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup (150 g) pitted dates
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 – 6 apples, peeled and chopped into cubes or slices (I used Granny Smith but any baking apple would work fine)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raw honey (you can alter to your liking)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (150 g) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 g) toasted pecans
- Put all the nuts in a food processor and process into crumbs.
- Add the dates and process until incorporated with the nut mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until mixture holds together.
- Press into a 9” pie pan and refrigerate while making filling.
- Preheat over at 350 F/177 C.
- Put all ingredients (except for pecans) in a mixing bowl and mix so that apples are evenly covered.
- Pour apple mixture into crust, then cover with toasted pecans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until apples are soft.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.2g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.