Pumpkin is everywhere this time of year — pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin chai tea, pumpkin pancakes — the list goes on. Instead of indulging in those sugary, syrupy, fattening lattes, or the sweets loaded with refined sugar and white flour, try a delicious and nutritious smoothie that will fill you up and taste great. Pumpkin is full of folate, vitamin C and vitamin K, and if you make this smoothie, you won’t miss that heavily caffeinated and sugary latte, I promise.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) organic canned pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein (pea protein is best)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) organic maple syrup (or 1 date)
- 2-3 dashes of pumpkin spice
- Ice, as needed
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high, 45 – 60 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour over ice or add ice to the blender while mixing ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat6 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium190 mg
- Carbohydrates20 g
- Fiber4 g
- Sugars14 g
- Protein 9 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.