In Argentina, a bowl of chimichurri is a staple on every dinner table. This fresh sauce is easy to whip up in your blender with fresh herbs, lemon juice, garlic and even a little red pepper for some spice. You can dip fresh veggies in it or drizzle it on grilled veggie kabobs. The main ingredient, parsley, is packed with vitamin C, rich in folate and contains diuretic properties, which means it can help the body shed excess water.
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and puree until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve on top of raw, grilled or steamed veggies, salads or soups.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 cups
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.