The vibrant red color in this smoothie means it is extremely full of antioxidants! These very special compounds found in pomegranates are called punicalagins. Pomegranates have been shown, due to their VERY high potent antioxidant content, to protect you against breast, prostate and colon cancer as well as having excellent cardiovascular protective agents.
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 date
- 1/4 – 1/2 small beet (beetroot)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) coconut water (or coconut ice – frozen coconut ice cubes)
- Remove the pomegranate seeds – Follow this easy 3-step, no-mess process from the Pomegranate Council.
- Peel the beet (beetroot).
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth and pour on ice.
- Pomegranate – red grapes, raspberries
- Goji Berries – blueberries, raspberries, mulberries, blackberries, red or black grapes
- Date – honey, maple syrup or rice malt
- Beet – carrot, orange, pink grapefruit
- Coconut water – almond milk or water
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat4 g
- Saturated Fat1 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium490 mg
- Carbohydrates65 g
- Fiber19 g
- Sugars65 g
- Protein 10 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.