Fighting A Cold Season With Food
We all know the decrease in temperature brings an increase in the common cold. But contrary to popular belief, chicken soup isn’t the only natural remedy. There are plenty of delicious immunity-boosting foods that can help you feel better in no time!
- Citrus Fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and tangerines are packed with Vitamin C.
- Eat the Rainbow: tomatoes, bell peppers, squash, spinach, blueberries, and eggplant, to name a few. Bright colors typically mean higher levels of antioxidants.
- Hot beverages like herbal tea or warm water with lemon.
- Hot and spicy foods like garlic, horseradish, and chillis can ease congestion.
- Oregano, especially in oil form.
- Ginger root helps treat coughs and fevers.
- Garlic contains a flavoring agent called alliin, which acts as a decongestant. Garlic is also believed to act as an antioxidant.