Easy roasted vegetables (that are also good for you) are my favorite! This easy, delicious recipe makes enough that you’ll get to enjoy leftovers later on. Cauliflower is a seasonal favorite in the fall and winter. The tasty veggie is loaded with healthy nutrients like immune boosting choline, and sulfur-containing cancer-preventive nutrients as well. You can shake up this recipe by adding your own favorite herbs and spices as well. Enjoy!
- 1 whole cauliflower, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower.
- While the oven is preheating, place the cauliflower face down in a pot 1/2 to 3/4 filled with water and boil for 10-12 minutes (until the inside of the cauliflower is softened).
- Remove the cauliflower from the pot and place upright in a baking pan.
- Using a fork, poke about 6-8 holes in the cauliflower, which will help to allow space for the oil, herbs and spices to seep into the cauliflower for flavor.
- Next, drizzle the oil over the cauliflower and rub it in with your hands.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, nutritional yeast and cayenne over the cauliflower then place the cauliflower into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden-brown (as pictured).
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow cooling before you cut it.
- Serve on your favorite salad or as a side dish, and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Total time: 50-55 minutes
Servings: 2-3 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.