Thumbprint cookies are a holiday staple, but this version comes with no grains, no refined sugar, and no butter or eggs. Almond flour is packed with protein, along with vitamin E, manganese and magnesium.
It’s a lighter cookie that you can enjoy with tea, while you open presents or bring these cookies to a holiday party to enjoy with friends.
- 1 ½ cups (150g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup raspberry chia jam (or your favorite jam)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Use a tablespoon or small spoon to create small individual balls and place them about one-inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Use your thumb (or the back of your spoon) to create a small dent in each cookie ball.
- Spoon a small amount of jam into each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Almond meal – another nut meal, gluten free flour or coconut flour (use half the amount)
Maple syrup – honey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 15 cookies
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.