Organic kale is cheap and bountiful at the moment, and I love to juice purple carrots when available due to the high content of the antioxidants (particularly the anthocyanins available in these carrots) so I decided to add these two superfoods together in this Disco Ball Juice. When I cook with purple carrots, often the colour turns the entire dish a purple color, so I prefer getting their nutrients through juice! I also love eating them cut into sticks as a snack and grated into a salad.
Enjoy this juice –it’s VERY high in antioxidants and minerals. You know it’s healthy by all of its’ colours — purple, red, orange and green — so this is an intense nutrient cocktail.
- 2 purple carrots
- 2 orange carrots
- 1 medium beet (beetroot)
- 4 kale leaves
- 2 oranges
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Peel the orange and beet.
- Chop produce to fit through juicer chute.
- Juice & enjoy!
- Carrot – Purple or orange carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin
- Kale –spinach, lettuce, chard (silverbeet)
- Beet – extra purple carrot, red radish, pumpkin
- Orange – grapefruit, mandarin
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.