On hot summer days nothing tastes more refreshing than a cold, crisp healthy drink. Full of light and satisfying flavors with a hint of sweet, this vibrant smoothie is packed with nutrients to boost your energy on those long days when you’re active outside in the sun. Whether you’re out for a walk, swim or playing at the park with the family, a refreshing smoothie can satisfy hunger and energize you with nutrients. Honeydew is an excellent source of the electrolyte potassium and celery has natural sodium. Cucumber and lime contain nutrients that are great for bright, healthy skin.
- 1/4 honeydew melon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Ice, as needed
- Remove rind from honeydew and dice into cubes.
- Wash and cut cucumber and celery into pieces.
- Add honeydew, cucumber, celery and ice to blender.
- Squeeze lime juice into blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 60 – 90 seconds then pour into glass and garnish with slice of cucumber and lime.
- Add pinch of sea salt (optional).
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat0.5 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium400 mg
- Carbohydrates30 g
- Fiber3 g
- Sugars24 g
- Protein 3 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.