Last week I made a refreshing smoothie with almost these exact ingredients. It was so light and crisp so I decided to try it as a juice. I discovered that this combination is delicious as a smoothie or a juice! The addition of mint adds flavor and health promoting phytonutrients like omega-3 fats. Rich in electrolytes like potassium from honeydew and sodium from celery, enjoy this juice before, during or after your next workout or as an energizing breakfast or afternoon snack. Want an extra kick? Try this Kickin’ Cucumber Melon Juice!
- 1/4 honeydew melon
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 lime
- 1 handful mint
- Wash produce well.
- Cut honeydew flesh from rind.
- Cut cucumber and lime in half.
- Juice all ingredients except lime. I squeezed the lime juice into the juice but you can cut peel off of the lime and run it through the juicer as another option.
- Serve over ice as desired and enjoy!
- Honeydew – cantaloupe, other melons
- Celery – jicama
- Cucumber – zucchini
- Lime – lemon, ginger
- Mint- basil
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.