My little daughter loves cheese so this recipe was a fob off a tomato cheese lovers pasta, and she loved it. It’s simple and delish and could be enjoyed by many. Even though it seems quite decadent the are tons of vegetables hidden in this meal so it’s a great one to eat leading up to a Reboot preparation or into your transition out stage. You can also enjoy this sauce with a regular wholegrain pasta of your choice.
- 3 large zucchinis (courgette)
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup (115 g) cashews (soaked 2 hrs, optional), rinsed
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (15 g) packed sun-dried tomatoes plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh chives (1 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (1 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (1 tsp dried)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
Fresh chopped tomato, sun-dried tomato, fresh thyme and chives, chopped olives (add any toppings you like!)
- Feed the zucchini through a vegetable spiralizer or mandolin to form zucchini curls or ribbons, or slice thinly with a vegetable peeler into thin strips.
- In a high speed blender, blend all cream ingredients until a smooth consistency forms. You can blend for a few minutes to warm the sauce up if desired.
- Lightly sauté or dip zucchini fettuccine in boiling water to heat up the noodles.
- Toss the fettuccine with the sauce and garnish with extras.
- Zucchini – carrot
- Cashews- macadamia, blanched almonds
- Olive oil – coconut oil, avocado, hemp oil
- Herbs – parsley, oregano
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 10
Total time: 25
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.