Skip the bread and enjoy a classic flavor in a healthy smoothie! Peanut butter and jelly (jam) sandwiches are a favorite around the globe so why not make it a fun smoothie with the added antioxidants as a breakfast option or an afternoon snack? You can easily add a healthy protein powder to this smoothie or any other smoothie to enhance the nutrients and make it a great post-workout treat. Raspberries and strawberries are naturally low in sugar so adding in any extra sweetness is completely up to you.
- 1/2 cup (55 g) strawberries
- 1/2 cup (55 g) raspberries
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (no added anything)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup (250 ml) macadamia milk
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel banana.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Strawberries – cherries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Raspberries – red currants, cherries, blackberries, blueberries
- Peanut butter – almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, hazelnut butter, sunflower butter
- Banana – avocado
- Macadamia milk – almond milk, coconut water, hazelnut water, coconut milk
- Maple syrup – honey, rice malt
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.