All of your favorite no-bake ingredients have joined together for the ultimate recipe. This is a great treat or light afternoon snack for kids and big kids! These bars are easy and nutritious as they are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats! As I was taking the photos, 2 little hands reached out and took off with the squares, so clearly they were a hit.
Coconut Almond Base:
- 1 ¼ (75 g) cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (100 g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (75 g) flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (50 g) cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup (85 g) slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 360 F (180 C).
- Place slivered almonds evenly on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Line a rectangular slice tin 7″x11″ with baking paper or foil.
- Combine coconut almond base ingredients until mixed well then press the mixture into the tin firmly and chill for 1 hour.
- Mix the chocolate layer ingredients then pour over the chilled coconut almond base and spread evenly. Then sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 24 pieces and store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
- Almond meal – walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, brazil nuts
- Linseed meal – chia meal
- Maple syrup – rice syrup, honey
- Coconut oil – grass-fed organic ghee
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours (in freezer)
Total time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat10g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.